Friday, September 27, 2013

Bring Back Your Desktop Icons (Windows XP)


My Computer, My Documents and My Networks Places are the basic icons that allow you easier operation with Personal Computer and give you the ability to easily access at each point which you find that is important. Sometimes it happens that these icons are not on your desktop and you urgently need them. If you are in a similar situation and you are a novice with computers, do not panic and follow these simple steps for bringing back Desktop Icons :

Step 1 : Right click anywhere on your desktop background and from menu which will appear chose Properties.

 (click on photo to make it large)
Step 2 : Swap the card on the top of window from Theme to Desktop and then click on Customize Desktop... button.


(click on photo to make it large)

Step 3 : In area Desktop Icons do check in boxes with a left click on the all three options (My Computer, My Documents and My Networks Places). To confirm, click OK and then again OK.

(click on photo to make it large)

Now your icons should be placed on the desktop ! Very simple ?!

Search This Blog :